- One off consultation preconception, pregnancy or postnatal.
- Pregnancy Care only package including seven to ten visits.
- Postnatal Care only package: up to six weeks post birth including six to eight visits.
- Pregnancy and Postnatal Care Package.
- Full Continuity of Care Package – pregnancy, homebirth and six weeks postnatal care.
- All care takes place in your home at a time that is convenient for you and your family (you can visit me in our clinic if required).
- Most appointments will take about an hour and it is encouraged that partners and siblings are included and involved.
- Getting to know each other and building a trusting partnership throughout the antenatal period is a key part of your pregnancy care.
- Each of your antenatal appointments, will occur monthly and then more frequently in the last trimester.
- Monitoring you and your baby’s growth and physical wellbeing is the focus of antenatal care together with open discussion about your expectations, anxieties, fears, hopes and desires for your birth.
- I am able to order the relevant tests and ultrasounds you choose to have during your pregnancy and prescribe midwifery relevant medications if needed.
Labour & Birth Care
- On call for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for labour & birth care.
- Individualised support to labour and birth the way you desire, optimising the birth space to support physiological birth.
- Watchful monitoring of you and your baby’s wellbeing during labour.
- A midwife to remain with you for close surveillance and care in the hours immediately after you birth.
- Birth Pool and pump for homebirth available to hire.
- A second midwife in attendance for your birth at home (this is a legal and safety requirement)
- Midwifery skills, equipment (oxygen/suction) and medication for unexpected emergency situations including IV cannulation, IV fluids, neonatal resuscitation.
- Suturing skills and equipment.
- Full newborn baby examination at birth and scales to weigh baby.
- All legal paperwork for registering baby’s birth will be provided.
- If transfer to hospital is required, I will remain with you and become a support person for you in this setting.
- Midwifery care in your home for 6 weeks after you birth.
- Labour and Birth debrief
- Education, guidance and support with: breastfeeding, general baby care, sleep and settling, parenting, emotional and family adjustments and normalising the fourth trimester expectations.
- Neonatal Screening and referral for Healthy Hearing Screen.
- Provision of baby health record.
- Monitoring of newborn growth and development and general health and well-being in the first six weeks of life.
- Postnatal maternal checks monitoring your recovery from pregnancy and birth for six weeks.
- Provision of a Pregnancy, Birth and Postnatal Summary.
- Connecting you with community supports and networks.